You may contact Alexis at:
Approximate Cost: About $4 for a set of 8
Time to Create: 1 1/2 hours total
• 1" - 2" Wooden Tiles (I got mine at Hobby Lobby, but you can find them almost anywhere in the unfinished wood part of the craft store/section.)
• Wallet Size Photos (Before I printed my photos, I actually cropped them to the 1.25" size of the wood pieces.)
• Paper Cutter
• Adhesive-Backed Magnets
• Black (or any color!) Spray Paint
• Mod Podge (I used the gloss-lustre.)
• Clear Acrylic Spray Sealer
1. Spray paint the wooden tiles. Pay special attention to the edges - they're pretty much all that will be seen. I used two coats of spray paint.
2. Cut the photos down to the appropriate size for your wooden pieces.
3. Using a small paint brush, apply a generous coat of Mod Podge to the tile, then place the photo on the tile. Take special care to smooth out any air pockets and make sure the photo is properly centered on the tile.
3. Apply a generous coat of Mod Podge over the photo.
4. Wait 15-20 minutes, then apply another generous coat of Mod Podge over the photo. (The first coat of Mod Podge will still be wet and appear white - don't worry!) Wait another 15-20 minutes and apply another generous coat of Mod Podge. Repeat until you have applied 3-4 coats.
6. Apply the clear acrylic sealer. I got the kind that only takes 10 minutes to dry, and I applied 5 coats of sealer. If you don't apply the sealer, pieces of dust, hair, etc. will stick to the Mod Podge and make the surface ugly.
7. After the acrylic sealer dries, simply adhere the magnet to the back of the little wooden tile.