You may contact Alexis at:
Photo Tile Coasters
Approximate Cost: $3-$6 for a set of four
Time to Create: about 2 hours (total)
(4) 4" Tiles (I like the rounded corners of these tiles - I got them at Lowe's)
(4) 4x6 photos that can be cut out as squares
Corner Rounder (Optional)
Mod Podge (I used the Gloss-Lustre)
Clear Acrylic Sealer (I used Krylon Spray)
2 Pieces of Felt (I used Black)
1. Cut photos into 3.5" squares, and round the corners, if desired.
2. Using a sponge brush, apply a generous coat of Mod Podge the tile, then place the photo on the tile. Take special care to smooth out any air pockets and make sure the photo is properly centered on the tile.
3. Apply a generous coat of Mod Podge over the photo.
4. Wait 15-20 minutes, then apply another generous coat of Mod Podge over the photo. (The first coat of Mod Podge will still be wet and appear white - don't worry!) Wait another 15-20 minutes and apply another generous coat of Mod Podge. Repeat until you have applied 5-6 coats.
5. Allow the Mod Podge to dry thoroughly. (I left mine overnight.)
6. *Important!* Apply the clear acrylic sealer. I got the kind that only takes 10 minutes to dry, and I applied 10 coats of sealer. If you don't apply the sealer, pieces of dust, hair, etc. will stick to the Mod Podge and make the surface ugly.
7. After the acrylic sealer dries, cut out the felt to be slightly smaller than the tile. Use a moderate/thin coat of Mod Podge to stick the felt piece to the back of the tile. Allow to dry completely.